Search This Blog

January 17, 2016

Student


In the long drawn march of our lives, we often come across such times, place or people, who at one point of time, occupied a large portion of our conscious mind .. but subsequently recede into distant memory .. for me one such time was the 90's ... having earned my diploma degree after 10th std, I was desperate to become a graduate and since I had already started working post my diploma (1994), was seeking options to study -part-time or correspondence . For every waking hour,
 that thought consumed me. .In country like ours, that one piece of paper - the graduate degree means so much more than just an mere academic qualification. By 99, I had already attempted to pursue by degree through IGNOU without luck ( they only entertain 10+2+3 diploma and not 10+3 ), SCOPE ( Study Circle of Postal Education- of Osmania University ) in which I even got enrolled and started studying, unfortunately an high court order in a case filed by UGC, put a stay on that correspondence course. So now back to square one, my destiny brought me to Bhopal and even here I begun to seek options, - 5th March '99 .. receipt to enroll in the part-time graduate program - at Barkatullah Vishwavidyalay at Bhopal. As destiny would have it, in June of that year even before the academic year began, I had resigned from Philips , left Bhopal , and was on my way to Bangalore to pursue a career in IT. But destiny was not done with me yet, in a quirk of fate, it was in Bangalore that an Australian University ,(University of Western Sydney) following the international scoring pattern based on experience and open test/ interview , offered me a MBA seat in their evening program, and after 3 years of quite intense learning. I earned my MBA degree with merit. .. but over the years I have always felt an emotional handicap ( not academic handicap) that not experiencing a proper university life brings,and so I spend time on various campuses UCLA, Wharton , LSE, ISB ,UCL (University College of London) just to soak in that atmosphere of studying in a proper university feels like. And may be someday I will make it to those corridors of academia , and may be not as a student but a teacher !

No comments: